Since the original publication of the Green Bond Principles (GBP) in 2014, and the subsequent releases of the Social Bond Principles (SBP) and Sustainability Bond Guidelines (SBG), the Sustainability-Linked Bond Principles (SLBP) and the Climate Transition Finance Handbook, market participants have sought additional information on how to interpret this guidance especially for its practical application for transactions, as well as in the context of market developments and complementary initiatives.
The Executive Committee with the support of the Secretariat published in June 2019 an up-to-date edited compendium of the former Q&A in a “Guidance Handbook” organised thematically. The latest version published in June 2021 reflects the publication of the newly established SLBP and the Climate Transition Finance Handbook, as well as updated versions of the GBP, SBP, and SBG, published in 2021 and contains additional responses relating to sustainability-linked bonds and climate transition finance.
The table of content covers 6 sections:
- Core Components of the GBP/SBP/SLBP,
- Market and Technical Issues,
- Governance & Membership,
- Other Market and Official Sector Initiatives, and
- Social Bonds related to COVID-19.
- Download 'Sustainability-Linked Bond Principles - Related questions'
- Download 'Climate Transition Finance Handbook - Related questions'
Translations of the Guidance Handbook